Not really sure what I cooked for breakfast today, but here it is:
At any rate, it tasted good! I love ketchup so anything smothered in it is instantly salvaged. I made three of these, one for me, Tatay, and ate N. Here’s my attempt at recipe-sharing:
- 3 big eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg substitute (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
Note: Next time, I’m skipping the egg substitute and just adding tbsp of flaxseed meal into the mix; the egg mix got almost too watery, I think
- 4 little tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Beat the eggs with egg substitute (or just scoop in the flaxseed meal). Add salt + pepper to taste.
- Grill the eggplants and peel the burnt skin.
- Mash the grilled eggplants in the egg mixture with a fork.
- On a skillet, heat the olive oil. Cook the onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach until they wilt a little bit (but not too much!)
- Lay the eggplants on top. Pour in the rest of the egg mixture.
- Cook until egg sets. If you can, flip the eggplants over.
- Serve with lots of ketchup, multigrain toast, and cheese.
I think it’s tortang talong, but when I was done it looked more like an omelet or a fritata (I don’t know what a fritata is so I wouldn’t know). I just tossed in the ingredients I was craving for.
Was almost too hungry for this picture–my fork had to stop mid-air as I reminded myself, “I’m a grown up! I can endure delayed gratification! I can do this!” And so, back to the kitchen, grab the camera, quick pic, and then inhale food.
Wherever you are, whatever you’re eating, enjoy your breakfast with those you love 🙂