It was difficult to haul this loot home, but, at last, a to-read list worth looking forward to:
- Zorro by Isabel Allende
Because I need a dose of magic realism
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
About a boy, a book too dangerous to own, and a quest into the heart of it
- The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon
With that cover (and with that Pulitzer Prize winning name), who wouldn’t pick this book off the shelves?
- Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
Just because he’s a current NY Times bestselling author. And because I love the idea of a paranormal Sherlock Holmes (not sure how much I’ll love the execution)
- All The names by Jose Saramago
Nobel Prize laureate; one of those authors I’ve always wanted to browse but never remember when I’m at a bookstore. His book jacket blurbs promise an intricate balance between the lovely and the deathly.
- Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler
Recommended by a cousin, so how could I resist?
- Remarks on The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (dragonflyy419.wordpress.com)
- Shadow of the Wind (creativejoey.wordpress.com)