If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too.
Well said by a strong, confident woman. This is the kind of feminism I applaud: one that is firmly rooted in truth beyond earthbound silliness, and rises to the challenge no matter the cost, and which, in quiet poise, speaks louder than a thousand placards and bra-burning episodes.
On another note, here’s an interesting take on the disadvantages of Shamcey’s pro-God stance.
- Philippines Represent! (lifeanditswhatnots.wordpress.com)
- Reflecting His Beauty: Shamcey Supsup (gracingjenny.wordpress.com)
- Shamcey Supsup of the Philippines is 3rd Runner-Up in Miss Universe 2011!!! (adventuresofabeautyqueen.com)
- SHAMCEY, an Inspiration to Many!!! (thoughtsthatmatters.wordpress.com)
- A nod from one of the most talented editors I know, especially when it comes to theological books
- A wise beauty, from a fellow Christian blogger
- No crown, but not a crowd, from a faithful music missionary mom